If you’ve never had buckwheat before then you missed out on one of the most important power foods. Even though it looks like a grain, it’s actually a seed which is naturally high in protein and full of vital nutrients including zinc, copper and niacin. Another little fun fact about this seed is that it’s gluten free. Yes, you heard right; even though it shares the name, it is not related to wheat which makes it safe to eat for people with celiac disease.
Everyone loves granola, but it’s very expensive to buy in a store and usually it’s not gluten free. For that reason, I want to share with you this simple granola recipe consisting of only three ingredients:
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/4 cup maple or agave syrup
- dash of cinnamon
How to make it:
- Soak buckwheat overnight or at least one hour.
- Rinse it thoroughly.
- Mix groats with syrup and cinnamon, until everything is coated.
- Spread it out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Make sure that you spread it out and there is space in-between the groats.
- Bake on 200F/90C for 1 1/2 hours.